Welcome to Holmesglen Private Hospital
At Holmesglen Private Hospital we are committed to providing quality clinical outcomes and exceptional patient care, we recognise that this requires a strong partnership between the hospital and our Specialists. We will work with you and your team to understand and follow your preferred clinical protocols and patient care plans.
Included in this page is information to assist the transition of your practice to our hospital. Our aim is to avoid unnecessary work or interruption to the service we provide to you and your patient.
We are located on South Rd, Moorabbin 1km east of Nepean Highway. Approximately 750,000 people live within a 10 km radius of the hospital and our broader catchment extends from Patterson Lakes in the South to St Kilda in the North and Clayton to the East.
Opportunities exist within our hospital for private practice in the following specialties:
- Bariatric and Upper GI Surgery
- Breast and Endocrine Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hepatobiliary Surgery
- Oncology and Haematology
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Palliative Care
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
Holmesglen Private Hospital provides the following onsite services to support your private practice:
- Cardiac Catheter Laboratory
- Coronary Care Unit
- Discharge Planning
- Emergency Department
- Intensive Care Unit
- Multidisciplinary Meetings;Gastrointestinal & Urology
- Pathology; Australian Clinical Labsare the onsite provider of pathology services.
- Pharmacy; HPS Pharmacy re the onsite provider of pharmacy services. They provide pharmacy support to all Hospital inpatient units and discharge medication.
- Psychiatric Clinical Liaison Nurse
- Radiology; Healthcare Imaging Services provide a wide range of onsite diagnostic services including x-ray,ultrasound, CT, MRI and nuclear medicine. The service is located on the ground floor of the Hospital’s man building.
- Urology Clinic
- Urology Multidisciplinary Meeting
- Wound Clinic
To commence practice at Holmesglen Private Hospital you are required to complete our on-line credentialing application and familiarising yourself with the company By-Laws.
The process is simple, particularly if you are already accredited at another Healthscope site.
You will require the following information to complete your application:
- AHPRA Registration
- Medicare Provider Number for Holmesglen Private Hospital; we are able to assist by providing a written letter of support for your application to Medicare
- Medical Indemnity Insurance
Here is the link to a range of useful sites to assist with this;
- Obtaining a Medicare Provider Number and subsequent numbers (Form HW019):
- Specialists can alternatively use the Health ProfessionalOnline Service (HPOS) via their Provider Digital Access (PRODA) account . Moreinformation is available at humanservices.gov.au/hpos.
- Specialist Accreditation on line portal for Holmesglen Private Hospital:
We are available to provide support in the development of your practice and offer the following range of services to support you with establishing your practice at Holmesglen Private Hospital and introducing you to other hospital specialists and the local GP community:
- Inclusion onto our SpecialistDirectory; we regularly engage with GPs located in the southern suburbs ofMelbourne and distribute a listing of the specialists that practice atHolmesglen private Hospital
- Inclusion onto our Specialist Searchfunction on our webpage
- Provision of a logo link to place onyour website to enable patients to ‘click’ and locate the Holmesglen PrivateWebpage and Facebook page
- Development of Specialist profiles toassist with introduction to General Practitioners (GPs) in our catchment area.
- Participation in our GP educationprogramme.
We regularly participate in community, local schools and club events and engage in social media activities to boost public awareness of our services and to celebrate the unique and ground breaking activities we attract to Holmesglen Private Hospital.
We have a range of consulting service opportunities available onsite:
- Sessional Consulting withadministrative support
- Our sessional consulting suites are managed by the hospital. The suites are leased by half day session on a 6 – 12 month basis. They share a joint patient wait area and the support of a hospital receptionist who can facilitate billing and receipting.
- Permanent Consulting Suites
- These suites are leased over an extended period (5 – 10 years) and are offered as a shell allowing specialists to customise the design and fit out to suit their practice needs.
- Permanent Consulting – sub tenancy
- We have a number of specialist with permanent onsite suites who are interested in sub-letting too their hospital specialists.
Holmesglen Private Hospital offers a 4 week rotating ‘theatre session’ roster. Vacant theatre, catheter lab and endoscopy sessions are available for permanent allocation. Vacant sessions are routinely communicated to specialists who use the Hospitals facilities.
Our administration staff will liaise directly with your Practice Manager and staff and support them with the transition of your practice to Holmesglen Private Hospital by providing information on:
- Admission paperwork
- Theatre booking
The Emergency Department utilises formalised on-call rosters exist for some clinical specialties. Please let us know if you would like more information on the on-call roster.