Graduate Nurse ProgramHolmesglen Private Hospital offers an extensive range of healthcare services along with rewarding and exciting career opportunities.
Holmesglen Private Hospital
The Hospital includes; 147 beds across 5 Wards providing Medical, Surgical and Rehabilitation Services, combined Intensive Care and Coronary Care Unit, Emergency Department, 7 Operating Suites, Catheter Laboratory, Day of Surgery Admission and Day Infusion/Oncology Services.
We are building teams that drive the development of our hospital with deliberate, consistent and long lasting progress, focused on delivering the highest quality of care to our patients.
We are seeking individuals who are organised, proactive, resourceful, motivated and resilient. If this resonates with you then this exciting opportunity to be part of our Graduate Nurse Program should not be missed.
What our Graduate Nurse Program offers:
- Alignment with the University of Tasmania’s Clinical Honours - Transition to Practice Degree (RN only).
- Rotations throughout our hospital may include Acute Medical/Surgial, Emergency, Oncology & Medical Oncology, Rehabilitation, Orthopaedics, Urology, Plastics, Theatre and ICU/CCU
The successful candidates will be offered rotations throughout our hospital and may include Acute Medical/Surgical, Emergency, Oncology & Medical Oncology, Rehabilitation, Orthopaedics, Urology, Plastics, Theatre and ICU/CCU.
- a 12 month Graduate Program contract
- 2 rotations of General Medical/ Surgical with a potential opportunity of a 3rd specialty rotation
- Extensive Orientation and Study Days
- Graduate Nurse Coordinators, Educator and Preceptor support
- Hospital Education Program
- Part time hours
A positive and supportive environment in which graduate nurses are encouraged to develop both clinically and professionally while gaining exposure to a variety of clinical specialities.
We have a clear direction for growth in our hospital, with facility developments and expansion of services providing staff with many opportunities to work in a state of the art facility. The many opportunities to build a rewarding career in nursing, makes now an exciting time to join Holmesglen.
We welcome applications from registered nurses who are approaching graduation or recently graduated. Before you can commence work, and therefore your graduate program, you will require registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. You can find out more about the registration process at
Apply through our Holmesglen Private careers website.
Prepare in advance the following items for your application once the application process begins.
- Letter of application including rationale for applying to Holmesglen Private Hospital Graduate Nurse Program and outline the areas of clinical interest
- Current CV Certified copy of Academic Transcript
- Two certified clinical reports from recent acute clinical placements
- Two recent clinical referees
- One passport sized photo
Applications that do not contain the above information will not be considered.
For any enquiries:
Graduate Nurse Program Co-ordinator
Phone: 03 9567 9399
GNP open sessions and applications will be advertised on our website.